The mobile application community for snow sports enthusiasts
This figure, which encompasses its entire network of applications, confirms the high growth experienced by the company
Skitude, the community of sportsmen and lovers of snow and mountain activities, continues with its growth and, facing this season 2018/2019, plans to reach more than one million active users.
Through a network that includes more than 100 apps from ski resorts around the world, “we intend to offer a quality product to all skiers and, therefore, make them enjoy more and better their snow and mountain experiences. “, Says Àric Monterde, Marketing Manager of the company.
Since its launch, the Skitude applications, available for iPhone and Android, offer real-time information of 2,500 stations around the world, such as track characteristics, snow conditions or weather forecasts, among others.
News season 2018/2019
Thanks to this network of mobile applications, with more than one million downloads, sportsmen and lovers of snow and mountain activities can monitor and share their experiences in ski resorts whenever they want.
For this season, Skitude Premium is presented as the great novelty. With it, Skitude improves its functionalities and will allow its users to record the activity carried out, showing at the end of each training a detailed breakdown of the statistics of each track.
Likewise, Premium offers:
- Maps of the stations in 3D with information of the different points of interest, states of the tracks (difficulty, opening, etc …).
- Production of the activity carried out in 3D: the user can analyze and play their tracks in a 3D environment and share it with the community or in their social networks.
- Advanced statistics to consult the information of the tracks: descents, comparison of tracks, analysis of the performances of each of them, unevenness, speeds, etc.
- Speed heat maps registered for each track point and for each specific descent. The application will generate a heat map to analyze in a very visual way the speed registered at each moment.
- Apple watch app: many apps consume high percentage of mobile battery, so it is now possible to control the track directly from the Apple watch.