In the published conversation, the pilot mentions the tower that has seen the launch of a missile before the communication is cut
The Iranian Civil Aviation Agency has decided to stop allowing Ukraine to participate in the investigation into the demolition of the Ukraine International Airlines plane that killed 176 people on January 8 near Tehran after a Ukrainian media published the Audio file of a conversation of the pilot of the aircraft with the control tower, in which he mentions that he has seen the launch of a missile directed towards the apparatus.
Hassan Rezaifar, senior official of the Civil Aviation Agency of Iran, has said that the agency has decided to stop allowing Ukraine to participate in inquiries following the dissemination of that audio message in a Ukrainian news agency, according to the Iranian news agency Mehr.
In the conversation, broadcast by the Ukrainian news agency TSN, the pilot of the Boeing 737 aircraft of Ukraine International Airlines informs the control tower that he has seen that a missile has been launched and the tower asks for more details about what he has observed , before the communication is cut. The control tower tries to communicate twice with the pilot but no longer receives any response.
The senior official of the Civil Aviation Agency of Iran has said that the dissemination of this audio file has surprised and annoyed the aeronautical agency for being a confidential file that is part of the investigation into the demolition of flight PS752. «This action by the Ukrainians means that we will not continue to provide them with documentation,» he said.
Rezaifar said that the Ukrainian team of experts that was participating in the investigation of the demolition of the Ukraine International Airlines plane has already left the Islamic Republic.
The Government of Iran initially denied that the plane had been shot down but days later acknowledged that the aircraft was hit by two missiles launched by mistake by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. The incident ended the lives of 176 people traveling on board.
This Sunday, the president of Ukraine, Volodimir Zelenski, said that the Iranian authorities have offered to pay compensation of $ 80,000 to each of the families of the Ukrainian fatalities of the incident, an amount that he considered insufficient.
They offered $ 80,000 to each victim family but we disagree with that. It seems to me that it is not enough. When a wife says that the deceased was the only breadwinner in the family, she has no job and her son has to start high school, in that case $ 80,000 is not enough. Of course, human life is not measured in money but we will press for greater compensation, «explained the Ukrainian president.