56% of hotels in Tenerife are integrated into a chain, with Iberostar and Meliá leading the way

A study carried out by the CajaCanarias Tourism Chair, Ashotel-University of La Laguna, concludes that of the 239 hotel establishments -extrahoteleros- are registered in Tenerife (source Istac), 132 are in the hands of chains (56%) ), insular, national and international, compared to the remaining 107 (44%) that are independent. This research work, promoted by Ashotel […]

La Palma loses six flights a week with Germany after the bankruptcy of Germania

The Council of Tourism of the Council of La Palma issued a statement on Tuesday informing that the island will continue to maintain air links with Germany, specifically with the cities of Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hannover and Stuttgart, although it loses six flights a week after the bankruptcy of Germania. Therefore, the area led […]

Tenerife will lose more than 11,000 seats with Madrid in the summer season due to the closure of the Norwegian base

The Cabildo de Tenerife has confirmed with Norwegian that the airline will maintain 93 percent of its operations with the island after announcing that it will close the base it had opened in Tenerife since October 2013, although it will lose more than 11,000 seats in summer with Madrid and 5,600 with Rome. The Minister […]

Norwegian will close its bases in Palma Mallorca, Gran Canaria and Tenerife to reduce costs

Norwegian has announced a cost reduction plan that includes the closure of its bases in Palma de Mallorca, Gran Canaria and Tenerife, as well as the cancellation of the Tenerife South-Rome route and capacity reductions in some other routes. This decision will not affect any of the other five bases of Norwegian in Spain: Alicante, […]